Communication Studies Club
The Communication Studies Student Club is a dynamic organization designed for majors, minors, and other students who are interested in understanding the communication field. Focusing on academic, professional, and social experiences, we hope to offer networking opportunities and valuable information that will help in preparing for a future career.
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain close relationships between students and faculty
- Keep students involved in the major and the university
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding academic achievement
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication students
- Maintain and improve the unique Communication Studies Department community
Club meetings are designed to offer club members academic, professional, and social opportunities. Guest speakers are invited to the meetings to discuss things like career opportunities, graduation requirements, and hold different workshops. The club sponsors several events throughout the year such as the Thanksgiving potluck, Career Symposium, and Communication Studies Department banquet. These events provide a fun way to network and learn about all the exciting things the Communication field has to offer. The club also houses the local chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, the national communication discipline honor society.
Student membership fees are $15 for the academic year. Members receive a free Coms Club T-shirt and get discounted event prices.
Email (Click to Compose and Send)
|Vice President||Camille Clarkemail@example.com|
|Professional Development||Gina Ligifirstname.lastname@example.org|
Announcements and Upcoming Events
2016-2017 Meeting Schedule
All Meetings Held from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Building 186, Room 101
Fall Quarter Dates
Tuesday, November 1st, 2016
Tuesday, December 5th, 2016